Nouvelle Aquitaine Property For Sale
The region of Nouvelle Aquitaine was created in 2016 as part of the administrative re-organisation of France which reduced the number of regions from 22 to 13.
As Nouvelle Aquitaine includes the previous regions of Aquitaine, Limousin and Poitou-Charentes Nouvelle Aquitaine property has a greater choice of landscapes, climate and property possibilities than any of its three predecessors.
But the changes – designed to streamline administration and reduce costs – are not popular and ride roughshod over centuries old regional identities linked to France’s historical provinces. It may take decades - or even generations - before the French themselves accept these new regions. Many visitors to France are surprised to see prices in some shops still marked in the ‘old franc’ alongside the Euro – yet France switched to the Euro in 1999!
The new larger super regions are also a backwards step for property searches as they extend the search area rather than narrowing it down!
You can find all our Nouvelle Aquitaine properties by searching the (more specific) previous regions and their constituent départements below (the latter have not been affected by the changes):
- UK Telecom (expat phone, bb & TV)
- LeFrenchMobile (prepaid SIM card)
- French Insurance in English
- English Notaire Advisor
- Cordiez Solicitors (Franco-British specialists in French property law)
- Foreign Currency Direct (Currency)
- George East's books on France
- France Car Hire (in all major cities, train stations & airports)
- View All
Why Sign Up?
- Save your search criteria
- Recommended properties
- Ideal Property Email Alerts
- Save & Print favourites
- Ask property questions